Released 26 Nov 2019. Beta number is 416.
Note that v8.2.0 was superseded pre-release by v8.2.1 to implement a bug fix.
The following fixes, that are not otherwise noted in aTbRef, are taken from Tinderbox's release notes (in some cases with a pertinent issue number in parentheses):
- Attribute Browser view:
- The attribute browser now updates its model in the background, rather than doing the work asynchronously on the main thread. This should make it more responsive.
- Map view:
- The layout of map items did not correctly account for the size of badges, which could lead to unwanted truncation of names.
- $EstimatedNoteSize was unreasonably slow, because it inadvertently typeset the text as a side-effect.
- Tinderbox cleared the agent queue when saving. That could cause delays when an autosave takes place during an HTML Export.
- The action recycling pool could occasionally recycle an action while the agent manager was still using it. To make sure the left hand of darkness knows what the right hand is doing, we now hand the action to the agent work queue to recycle, since if the agent queue is available for to do this it cannot simultaneously be using an action.
- When creating an adornment, the container's OnAdd rule was applied while too soon, before the adornment object was fully instantiated. As a result, the OnAdd did not know that the object would ultimately be an adornment. If the OnAdd set the adornment’s prototype, the prototype did not know that the object would ultimately become an adornment and proceeded to bequeath children to the future adornment, which cannot possess children.
- Changes in managing the sort queue (which has now been abolished) and the view queue (which serialises access to the list of updatable views, and which now becomes a private implementation detail of TbxViewManager).
- Revised the indexer (again) to clean up queue usage.
- When switching windows in Catalina, Tinderbox can crash if the activated window had been deactivated while a key attribute value was open for editing.
- Added a privacy item to the plist to support Calendar drags in Catalina.
- Revised analytics proxy to prevent initialisation of a session if the user has opted out.
- TanseyTab's willDelete: method used an inefficient approach to checking whether deleting a note should also delete the tab. This doesn’t matter in small documents, but could be very costly in large documents, especially those which have high-turnover agents that contain numerous notes. We now use NodeFinder’s far more efficient index.
- DateValue resolved IS8601 strings asynchronously, which saved time but created problems when we resolved the DateValue because we need to use the string at once.
- Fixed a crash when using
[list].sort(attribname)when the list items were not, in fact, paths to notes in the document. Revised the underlying code and data structures for performance when sorting long lists.
- Addressed a longstanding, intermittent crash involving rules or agents, typically encountered either when Tinderbox was in the background or when activating Tinderbox. The problem involved clearing the action recycling pool while one of the recycled actions was still extant and in use, either by a rule running on a different thread or by an agent. Agents no longer cache actions, and all evaluations are now performed on the agent queue—even those involving user-interface updates such as updating the key attributes table.
- Fixed a crash in Get Info: Words arising because the new asynchronous indexing facility invalidated our iterators while we were updating the word frequencies.
- OS Dark/Light modes:
- The source of the parked link is now drawn more legibly, especially in dark mode.
- Outline view:
- After changing the outline scale, Tinderbox continued to use cached measurements, preventing appropriate resizing of outline elements.
See 8.2.1 Help's Release Notes for more detail of minor points.
This version is cited in the following notes:
- Attribute Browser view
- Browse Links pop-over
- Hyperbolic view
- If note name is too long
- Interval Data Type
- Link stubs
- Roadmap pop-over
- Roadmap stand-alone dialog
- Stamps menu
- Text pane, no text selection, pop-up menu
- Text pane, text selected, pop-up menu