Released 31 Oct 2019. Beta number is 410.
The following fixes, that are not otherwise noted in aTbRef, are taken from Tinderbox's release notes (in some cases with a pertinent issue number in parentheses):
- Action Code:
- Extensive revisions make the action parser much less likely to crash in the presence of syntax errors. The parser remains very permissive, but some formerly-permitted errors are now detected. Of particular note:
- Some failed parses are now detected and marked as invalid. For example, the expression
$Width!==3is now invalid; formerly, it was interpreted as
- AI/Natural Language Processing:
- Adjustments to natural language tagging, which should slightly improve overall performance on 10.14 and 10.15.
- Map view:
- After zooming into a container (down-arrow), the first responder and keyboard focus is left on the map view, facilitating further keyboard interaction (such as up-arrow).
- When closing a filter using the close button (but not the Use Filter menu), the outline was left with an incorrect indentation, and newly-added items failed to align with other items.
- Corrected some Chinese localisation.
- The Document Settings window title again contains the document name, which has been absent since Tinderbox 7.5.
- Addressed a crash when attempting to perform an un-parseable $AgentAction.
- Additional measures to increase action robustness in the face of unexpected failures.
- Actions: widespread revisions to reduce or eliminate the chance of crashing when trying to evaluate statements that cannot be parsed.
- An interesting race condition during reading could intermittently update $Modified to the time at which the document was opened.
- This update incorporates major changes to two Tinderbox systems: the action interpreter and the change manager. Agents and rules should now be significantly faster.
- Change management has been revised to limit the rate at which Tinderbox attempts to update its layout, especially in response to agent updates which can trigger numerous layout requests as agents add and remove aliases. The result should be a significant performance boost for rules and agents in large documents, without visible degradation elsewhere.
- Changed the policy of the ChangeManager. All change handling is now performed on the update thread.
- Some notes at the end of the document outline were occasionally emptied of text and immediate attributes, if the document was saved during an agent update. This should no longer occur.
- The long-standing, highly-intermittent crash after document close should no longer occur.
- Avoided repeated updates to the outline order when reading documents, saving substantial time.
- OS Dark/Light modes:
- The selection highlight in Outline view is now more visible in dark mode (colour schemes), especially when using the document settings Black Titles or White Titles.
See 8.1.1 Help's Release Notes for more detail of minor points.