Released 12 Sep 2018. Beta number is 333.
The following fixes, that are not otherwise noted in aTbRef, are taken from Tinderbox's release notes (in some cases with a pertinent issue number in parentheses):
- The Inspector may now be opened and closed from torn-off text windows.
- Key Attributes:
- Fix over-ambitious percent encoding when trying to ViewInBrowser.
- Map view:
- The command Expand Horizontally erred if the first word in the note could not fit in the available width without being broken, yet if the word were broken the entire display name would fit in the available width and height. Notes are now expanded so that, at minimum, the available width is sufficient to display the longest word in their $DisplayName. (2442)
- When using a tab to switch from a different view to a map view, the scroll position of the map view was sometimes drawn incorrectly, and some notes might be treated as being offscreen even though they were, in fact, on-screen. This arose because TbxMap’s setFrame:withOffset: method changes constraints on the map view but did not immediately update the layout; in consequence, the system sometimes found itself measuring the layout against the previous boundaries and origin of the map.
- Lozenge, diamond, and hex shapes choose the placement of their text more intelligently, and are more stable in placing text during resizing. (2441)
- Tinderbox resets its date translator apparatus when the time zone changes during a Tinderbox session. The objects were reset on the main thread, which could create trouble if a date calculation was in progress on the date translator’s own work queue. The objects are now also reset on the work queue.
- Outline view:
- The highlight has been revised to make it easier to identify the highlighted item at a glance.
- Text view:
- HTML view: In complex documents, HTMLView could fall behind in its update cycle. We now perform the update synchronously from a background thread, avoiding potential resource starvation. (2452)
- HTML view: Addressed a crash when switching away from HTMLView in documents that keep Tinderbox very busy. (2451)
- Preview/HTML view: If the preview or HTMLView had the focus and the user switch to the text pane, Tinderbox gave the focus to the Title editor rather than the text pane. (2450)
See 7.5.5 Help's Release Notes for more detail of minor points.
This version is cited in the following notes: