Tinderbox supports a number of methods to interchange data with and inter-connect to DEVONthink.
- '.tsv'file format. Behave like text '.txt' files when dragged to Tinderbox, using the tab-delimited data method.
- '.opml' file format. This follows normal OPML import methods.
- Single, or multiple (from v7.0.2), notes can be pasted or dragged from DEVONthink Pro whilst retaining their tags (as $Tags). The created note's $URL is set to source item's DEVONthink URI.
- A Tinderbox note can be set to auto-fetch a DEVONthink note. Set $AutoFetch to
trueand $URL to the DEVONthink URI of the desired note. When Tinderbox routinely fetches Web data, it will also reimport the text and name of the DEVONthink note.
- Improvements to imported text styling:
- (v7.1.0). The source styled text instead of plain text. this does require DEVONthink Pro Office v2.9.11+.
- (v.7.2.0). Items with only plain source text now import plain text.
- (v7.3.0). Plain text and markdown items imported from DEVONthink respect the (Tinderbox) note’s default $TextFont and $TextFontSize.
- (v7.2.0). Using DEVONthink Office Pro 2.9.15+, the note created imports the DEVONthink Creation time as $SourceCreated and the DEVONthink Modification time as $SourceModified.
- Watched Group. A watched group allow for the import of a single group of DEVONthink records. The group's items are generated as child notes of the watched group container in Tinderbox. From v7.3.1, multiple watched groups are allowed though be mindful heavy use of this feature may affect overall performance - i.e. the feature is not designed as a fully-synced system but rather for importing/updating some DEVONthink data.
- Export. Tinderbox notes can be copied/pasted to DEVONthink. Copy the note(s) in Tinderbox. In DEVONthink use Data menu, New -> from clipboard (Cmd+N). The following Tinderbox data maps to DEVONthink:
- The DEVONthink Item ID.
- The DEVONthink URL pseudo-protocol.