When first run, Tinderbox creates a support folder at
~/Library/Application Support/Tinderbox. This folder can be opened in Finder from within Tinderbox via the Help menu. Since OS 10.8, Apple has hidden the user's Library folder (
~/Library) in Finder. To make it easier for the general Mac user to access Tinderbox's support folders, the Help menu's 'Reveal Support Folder in Finder' option will open the folder in a new finder window.
The folder contains a number of sub-folders. If, for any reason, a sub-folder is missing it can be created manually in Finder, noting that the names are case-sensitive. The default sub-folders are:
- badges. This is used for custom badge artwork.
- Colour schemes. This is use for storing custom colour scheme files.
- config. This used for storing custom configuration files.
- favorites. This is used for favourite files, or aliases to them.
The following legacy sub-folder may exist on older systems/installs:
- backup. (Now legacy use). This was used pre-v6 for storing automated back-ups.
The following sub-folder can be added manually:
- fill. This is used for custom fill artwork.
Legacy: In v5, deeper nesting of folders is not supported. For instance, all custom badges must be in /badges and not sub folders within that.