A pair of built-in (OPML) export templates specifically marked for Scrivener use were added. The templates are effectively the same as those for general OPML export but labelled so as to assist the more tech-averse Tinderbox/Scrivener user looking to export data from one to the other.
A File menu option allows direct import of Scrivener file data to create a new Tinderbox document:
- Each text scrivening and folder becomes a Tinderbox note; v2 Scrivener files only. Text of v3 files is currently not extracted to a Tinderbox note.
- Image, pdf, and Web scrivenings are currently ignored.
- Scrivener keywords are imported to a set attribute $ScrivenerKeywords, and the corresponding label colours become the note $Color.
- Scrivener statuses are imported to $ScrivenerStatus.
- Scrivener freeform corkboard positions are imported to $Xpos and $Ypos. If Scrivener is not using freeform corkboard positions, Tinderbox uses its own layout.
- Scrivener custom metadata is mapped to Tinderbox attributes. Because Scrivener custom metadata labels may not be valid Tinderbox attribute names, Tinderbox uses 'legal' version of Scrivener's internal metadata names; the attributes are found in the Scrivener system attribute group.
- The Scrivener synopsis, if present, becomes the note's $Subtitle.
- Because Scrivener values result in many items' $Color value being set to light colours, the new TBX's Map preference is set for Outlines to have "Darker colors".
- Scrivener internal references are loaded as basic links. The default link type "[InternalLink]" is mapped to "*untitled".
- If an external reference link is found, its URL is placed in the note's $URL attribute. (If several external references are found, only one URL will be imported.