Released 22 Jun 2020. Beta number is 467.
- The Done button in the Find Bar again works as expected.
- The view pane's Find Bar no longer leaves animation artefacts when dismissed from a top-level map. The animation has been improved.
- Map view:
- Text thumbnails in map view are now set tight, without an added line spacing.
- Tinderbox generates text thumbnails for map views asynchronously in order to make map scrolling smoother. Occasionally, after Tinderbox requested a new thumbnail for a note, it might proceed to recreate or delete the entire view before the thumbnail creator has finished its work. The thumbnail creator would then try to store the thumbnail in a structure that was no longer extant, causing a crash. Now, when the thumbnail creator has completed its labours, it asks the map view where to store its result.
- When switching tabs, the scroll position was not always consistently restored.
- Text pane:
- Cutting a passage in a text window that contained text links could create a race condition as separate threads sought to put the link on the pasteboard and to erase it.
- Shrinking the text pane could cause layout problems with the Links pane lists, even if the links pane was hidden. To avoid this, the lists have a minimum width and the Suggestions list slides offscreen if there is insufficient space.
- Text windows no longer scroll to the top when activated. Instead, the scroll to make the selection visible. If there is no selected text, the text window scrolls to its position when it was last activated.
- Watched Content:
- DEVONthink Watch Folders are again available in the File ▸ Watch menu.
- Watched folders are now checked more often.
- Watched folder updates could fail if the first item checked didn’t need to be updated.
See 8.7.1 Help's Release Notes for more detail of minor points.