Released 21 Jan 2020. Beta number is 426.
The following fixes, that are not otherwise noted in aTbRef, are taken from Tinderbox's release notes (in some cases with a pertinent issue number in parentheses):
- Attribute Browser:
- Attribute browser is more conservative about updating in the background, working around a complex crash at startup involving a complex attribute browser.
- Map view:
- The Edit Background popover for the map view now uses symbolic names for colours when possible. Previously, it considered most colours "custom".
- Extensive revisions to the link creation popover to clean up logic and rectify errors during cancellation.
- Moving full-screen Tinderbox into a split-screen environment could lead to a crash when activating Tinderbox, because the LayoutInfo for the note clicked to activate the window might have been deleted when the window was resized.
- List.isort($Name) could crash if the list was not a list of paths
- Tinderbox no longer deletes untitled notes that have text ($Text) content.
- OnLink actions could crash, because a Node that ought to have been captured in an asynchronous block was an instance variable.
- Fixed a crash when resizing or moving items in complex maps with composites, where asynchronous composite updates were interfering with access to the composite for drawing.
- Added additional protection against starting an agent query after the document has begun close itself.
- When dragging a link to the map background in Catalina, Tinderbox opened an editing session to name the newly-created note and this session remained open if the popover was dismissed without changing first responders. As a result, a renamed note could retain its Untitled state and be deleted. We now set the map view as first responder.
- Undoing a note deletion in outline view could leave an unwanted MapItemView onscreen.
- When dragging a note to a new container, the OnRemove action of the destination container was applied instead of the OnRemove action of the note’s previous container.
- Outline view:
- Clicking in an outline name field whilst editing again sets the insertion point
See 8.2.3 Help's Release Notes for more detail of minor points.
This version is cited in the following notes: