Tinderbox can embed and show bitmap images in two places:
These images are embedded into the Tinderbox document and form part of the data (and stored size) to the TBX file.
NOTE: Images embedded in notes, and image adornments, are limited from v5.0.0. This is a by-product of the changes to the storage of $Text data following the change of text engine in v5.0.0. This means that:
- Tinderbox won't accept newly-pasted images. Images in existing documents will, in general, appear normally; some issues might arise. For additional assurance, documents that use images will open as untitled; save them with a new name while preserving a copy of the original.
- It is planned that embedding of images will return, in an improved form, in the near future. In the interim, consider using the File button to associate external image files with a note.
- From v5.6.0 image adornments are restored.
- From v5.9.0 inline images in $Text are supported again (but not for HTML export). To add an image drop it onto a main view window. A new note is created, whose $Name is the filename/ext of the image file. This is a valid note. The image data can be selected and pasted into another note's $Text or text can be added to the note before/after the image data. See Pictures in notes.
- Export of images remains unsupported.
- The 'Copy view picture' Edit menu option for Major views remains suspended.