The process is as simple as:
- Close Tinderbox (if open)
- Download the DMG of the lastest version from the Eastgate website: http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/download.html
- Double-click the DMG to mount it. Depending on system settings this may happen automatically on download. A new Finder window opens.
- Select the 'Tinderbox.app' icon and drag it:
- onto the the alias icon next to it to install to the default location (in /applications). Accept the prompt to overwrite the existing version.
- into any other location, e.g. the Desktop if installing a second version to test.
- Unmount the DMG.
- Use the new version.
It can also be useful to review the application's preferences and change any defaults that don't suit. It is certainly worth setting the user name value that is stored as the name of the creator of the note. The latter is very useful if sharing a file with other users who may edit it.