Tinderbox supports Sonny Software's Bookends reference and citation manager.
To drag a reference into Tinderbox, use Cmd+Opt+drag from the Bookmark window into a Tinderbox view or a Tinderbox text window. N.B. Bookends requires the Cmd+Opt keys to be refreshed before clicking on the item to drag; otherwise, the import to tinderbox does not occur correctly.
If dragging to a view, Tinderbox will create a new note. The name of the note will be the title of the reference, and the URL will provide a link to the full reference in Bookends. Clicking the Browse URL button in the note text window sidebar will reveal the reference in Bookends.
If dragging to a text window, Tinderbox will insert the title of the source into the text. The title will also be a web link, Cmd+Opt+click on the title will open the reference in Bookends.
From v5.11.0 (and requiring Bookends v11.2.9+)
Use a Cmd+Opt+Drag, ensuring the Cmd+Opt are depressed before the drag starts (otherwise different data is loaded). The modified drag will result in:
- creating a new note
- setting the note's $URL to a Bookends reference URI
- set the $Text of the note to formatted Bookends reference - the format will depend on the user's settings in Bookends.
- WARNING: as at v5.11.2 this will replace any existing $Text in the note.
- apply the 'Reference' built-in Prototype (adding the latter to the TBX if necessary). Note this process is linked to the Network feature, so multiple newly added reference notes my appear to set their prototype one at a time - i.e. there may be a short delay before all new notes are prototyped correctly.
- set a variety of reference-related attributes to Bookends-derived values (mainly attributes from the References group).