NOTE: Displayed value boxes only support the MacRoman character set - Unicode data may not display properly although underlying Unicode data if not affect as long as the box is not edited.
This dialog allows the initial settings for a new note to be made. The layout of tick-boxes was adjusted in v5.6.0 you better use of space.
- Name. The $Name attribute of the note; the title string used as the note's label in views.
- Color. The colour of the note in views. Choose from any predefined colour in the left pop-up list with an option colour modifier from the right pop-up list; after creation the colour can be reset to any definable value via the $Color attribute or the note's Info view. The values selected/set becomes the note's $Color attribute. Note, the colour qualifiers come before the colour when used as a colour name in actions, etc.; select 'blue' + 'lighter' but refer to it as 'lighter blue'. The Custom Colour colour picker dialog allows easy selection of a colour not already defined as a named colour.
- Function as:
- Separator. Tick to make this note a $Separator in Outline views.
- Template. Tick to enable this note to be used as an export template. Sets $IsTemplate. Pre v5.6.0 this was captioned "Can be a template".
- Prototype. (default - not ticked). If ticked this note can be used as a prototype and will subsequently appear in the Prototype list (above) in Note Creation and Rename dialogs. Pre v5.6.0 this was captioned "Can be a prototype" and was placed to the right of the Prototype selection pop-up.
- Prototype. Sets the prototype note on which to base the note's initial attributes.
- KeyAttributes. Allows one or more attributes to be set to display in the note. Desired attributes are set by clicking them in the pop-up list. Attributes already selected display a bullet before the attribute name in the pop-up list. The setting created are stored in the $KeyAttributes attribute. User attributes are listed first, at the top if the list. Clicking selected items removes them from $KeyAttributes; this version also stops $KeyAttributes assignments via this dialog resulting in an extra empty attribute line showing in note windows.
- Display Expression. Sets the optional $DisplayExpression action that can alter the note's Name when shown in views.
- OnAdd Action. Action code to perform on any new notes created in or moved to the note - i.e. it affects any children of the note (but not the note itself). This code is applied every time agents are updated. The code is stored in the $OnAdd attribute.
- Rule. Action code to perform on the agent itself (and only the agent). This code is applied every time agents are updated. The code is stored in the $Rule attribute.
- Sort by / reverse. Optionally sets a sort order on any attribute value, with the sub-option of reversing that order. Values are persisted in the agent's $Sort, $SortTransform and $SortBackward attributes. This may be edited.
- 'and by' / reverse. Optionally sets a secondary sort order, with the sub-option of reversing that order. Values are persisted in the agent's $SortAlso, $SortAlsoTransform and $SortBackwardAlso attributes. This may be edited.
The OK button will be greyed out if a Rule or Action cannot be parsed. The unparseable code will remain highlighted to facilitate corrections.