The cleanup is effected on the selection, if 2 or more notes are selected, otherwise the whole map is cleaned up. Use Undo (Cmd+Z) if you make a mistake. The clean-up layout is anchored on the map position of the note with the lowest $OutlineOrder value. Options are:
- to grid. Rearranges all the notes in the map into a rectangular grid.
- to staggered grid. Results in a offset grid.
- to coarse grid. As for 'grid' but notes are further apart.
- to coarse staggered grid. As for 'coarse grid' but notes are further apart.
- to row. Arranges all icons in a single horizontal row.
- to column. Arranges all icons in a single vertical column.
- to box. Arranges all notes in an open rectangle. Best with more than 8 notes.
- nudge in. Preserves the relative position of notes but moves them slightly closer together.
- nudge out. Preserves the relative position of notes but moves them slightly further apart.
When snapping to a grid, objects boundaries 'snap' to the nearest 0.5 unit of map measurement.
On completion of a cleanup operation the map will be scrolled, if necessary so that some notes are in view. If the whole map is being re-arranged, this will normally be the top left corner of the map.